Monday, August 17, 2015

Crazy Cool Cards -Train Cascade Card

Cricut just recently released a new cartridge exclusive to Cricut Circle members called Crazy Cool Cards and the content is true to the name. There are 30 cards on this cartridge and I do believe I will eventually make every one of them, the cartridge is that cool!

You can never go wrong with a Train Card so I decided to make Train Cascade Card my first one from this cartridge. 




Ingredients

Cricut Circle Cartridge - Crazy Cool Cards - Train Cascade Card #M40F8BC 
Bazzill Papers - Black, Blue, Grey, White
Close to my Heart Stamp Set - Framed S1508
Close to my Heart - Liquid Glass 
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot
Hampton Art Pigment Ink - White
Inkssentials Enamel Accents - Black
Stickles - Black Diamond


I selected the card in Design Space and it brought in all the images in one grouping.  The suggested size given in the handbook is 7.5".  Because I wanted to leave the grouping in tact to size all pieces together, I had to guess at the size for the entire grouping.  I used the envelope to approximate the 7.5" by dragging the handle until the score lines of the envelope were about 7.5" in width.


I cut and scored all the pieces using my Explore with the Scoring tool.


The Train body is in two pieces that are folded in opposing 'Z' folds.

The Cascade is formed by inserting the left and right sides together in the 3 slits, front, center and rear.  



Adhere the blue piece (without the slit) to the back side of the cascade. 

Adhere the black pieces to the blue piece (with slit) as shown.


Glue into place by inserting the slit into the backmost cascade 


Glue the black accent pieces to the front doors. Adhere that to the front cascade.  


Adhere the train tender and engine front to the front grey smoke piece.


Glue the white to the back grey smoke piece. You can use this piece to write your sentiment.  The recipient can then just pull up on the smokestack to read it.


To add the smoke pieces to the cascade, I found it easier to insert the piece into the bottom of the train. You can glue these into place but they stay well without glue.  The plain grey piece goes into the front cascade, the white piece goes into the back.




The envelope is in two pieces, the flap and the body.  Add glue to the flap up to the fold line.  Line up the fold line with the top of the body and glue into place.  



 The card fits perfectly into the envelope


I plan to give this card to my train loving Grandson so I create a Birthday tag using the CTMH Framed stamp set.  


I stamped the 'happy Birthday' on white cardstock using Tim Holtz Black Soot ink. 

I centered the frame around the sentiment and stamped using the Black Soot ink. 

I cut the image out leaving a 1/8" white border. 

I used Stickles and Black Enamel to accent the black frame and tender.  Liquid Glass was put in the windows to add shine. I inked the edges of the smoke pieces with Black Soot and then smudged the image with Black Soot and Hampton White to simulate rolling smoke. 



I really enjoyed making this card and look forward to making others from this cartridge. 

I'd love to hear what you think, please leave a comment below and let me know what you are working on.

Happy Crafting! 





3 comments:

  1. Zebra True Ribbon Cartridge in UAE, True Colors Ribbon Cartridge in UAE, Ribbon Cartridge in UAE
    https://gccgamers.com/zebra-true.html
    Zebra True Ribbon Cartridge in UAE, Safe Shopping Multiple Payment Options Express Delivery GCC Gamers Moneyback Guarantee.
    1634542261042-9

    ReplyDelete

Comments Always Welcome!