Today's card is made from a combination of two Close To My Heart cartridges,
These are the images used for this card:
#M411FDA Flower (2.5")
#M1067C0 Spring Popup Card (5.2"x8.0")
#M100CEB Branch Sentiment Card (5.5"x8.5")
I imported the images into Design Space and sized the images as stated above.
The Branch Sentiment Card when folded will be a top fold card in A2 size 5.5" x 4.25".
I used only the insert image from the Spring Popup Card and deleted the cardbase that came with it. I love how all the images in these two cartridges blend so well together.
I used the Pen feature on the Explore to write the sentiment directly on the card front. Here's how to accomplish that:
- Add three lines of text using the default font "Cricut Alphabet" with style set to Writing Style. The word "Wildflower" is in italics and is slightly larger than the remaining words.
- Change the setting for each text box to 'Write' to prevent the words from actually cutting.
- Positioned the words as desired on the Branch Sentiment Card.
- Select the three text lines and the card and click 'Attach'.
- Here's how it looks in DS when complete. Notice the pen next to the text, that's how to be sure it will not cut. You only want to see the scissor on the images you actually want to cut.
Glue the insert pop-up to the inside of the cardbase by lining up the fold lines of each and adhering first the bottom, then the top. Be sure the lining completely covers the cut out design of the card front so the color shows through.
Position the two flowers inside the bottle and adhere it to the pop-up.
For the front of the card, position the flower and adhere. I used a brush pen to add the veins to the leaves but you could leave it plain if you wish.
I used Liquid Pearls in Buttercup to embellish the flowers and CTMH Liquid Glass on the inside of the bottle to make it look like water.