Sunday, August 2, 2015

Artistry, Artfully Sent, Artbooking Halloween Pop Up Card

 Today's card is a Halloween  pop-up card using a combination of images from three Close To My Heart cartridges,  Artfully Sent, Artbooking,  and the brand new Artistry.






Here are the images I selected:

Artistry
#M418A0E Boo Eek Happy
#M418E46 Bat Border
#M417F18 Geometric Rectangle

Artfully Sent 
#M1067C7 Halloween Pop Up Card
#M1067C2  Happy Halloween Pop Up Card (for SpiderWeb only)

Artbooking
#M45D9A Happy
#M4078A Halloween


Here's how I laid the images out in the Design Space iPad App

I selected my paper and put them in order according to the DS mat order.  This makes it easier for me to get through the cut faster.  I also use two mats so I can unload one mat while the other cuts.

I used the cardstock setting for most of the cuts but changed the settings for the intricate cut and for the glitter paper.  My Explore cut both beautifully. Just remember to change the setting as needed for each mat.  




All the cuts completed, time to assemble.







But first, I need to clean up the scraps from my workdesk.  I keep scraps in a plastic expanding folder by color.  I still haven't found a good way to organize my pattern paper scraps.  Let me know in comments how you do it! 





I start out by inking the edges of the popup and card base. I used Tim Holtz Tea Dye and CTMH Concord Grape Inks.

Next, to add the popup insert to the card base, add adhesive to the back of the bottom half of the popup insert.  Be careful not to put glue on the cutout for the popup.  Line up the insert and cardbase along the fold line and glue into place. 


I decided to add some cute vellum behind the ghosts and moon.  I cut a piece to fit and adhered into place.


To adhere the top to the cardbase, place glue on the back around the edges of the top, fold the cardbase down over the insert and adhere.


Add the tree to the inside and adhere the popup haunted house to the insert.



Add remaining embellishments to complete the inside.


For the card front, glue the filigree to the background.


Ink the edges and stimple glue on the front of the sentiment to give it a distressed look. 

Adhere to the front of the cardbase and you're done! 




I'm loving the popups in the Artfully Sent cartridge. There is also an Assembly handbook included with this cartridge.  Artistry, the new cartridge released on 8/1/15,  is a perfect compliment with loads of images to enhance any theme. You can purchase them here

I hope you like the card.  Please leave me a comment and let me know what you are working on.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Always Welcome!